Last Updated on January 19, 2024 by Kelly
Lake Chelan is one of Washington most popular vacation destinations. The pristine lake is surrounded by numerous wineries, restaurants, and water activities. There’s only a handful of hotels that are located right on the water, and the Grandview on the Lake is one of those lucky hotels. The Grandview on the Lake is also located just steps away from downtown Chelan.
I’ve personally stayed at the Grandview on the Lake on two separate occasions. In this post, I’m sharing our full review of the Grandview on the Lake in Chelan.
|Be sure to read our post 32 things to do in Chelan!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
About the Grandview on the Lake in Chelan, WA
Address: 322 W Woodin Ave, Chelan, WA 98816
Phone: (509) 888-6910
Our Stay at the Grandview on the Lake in Chelan
The Grandview on the Lake is one of the most popular hotels in Chelan. We visit Chelan every year, and we’ve stayed in a variety of hotels, campgrounds, and vacation rentals over the years. In the spirit of an honest review, we’re going to break down our review into two sections: Pros and Cons of staying at this location.
Please note that our review is based on our two stays during the summer months. Some amenities (like the outdoor pool) are open seasonally.
Pros of Staying at the Grandview on the Lake
There’s so much I love about staying at the Grandview on the Lake.
The first, and perhaps most obvious benefit of staying at the Grandview on the Lake is it’s location. The Grandview on the Lake is located directly on the lake. Many of its rooms have uplake views. (But be sure to check, because not all do!) During our last visit, our room had a balcony looking out directly to Lake Chelan. We savored each and every sunset during the trip.
|See our favorite restaurants in Chelan!
The Grandview is also just steps away from downtown Chelan and the Riverwalk Park. When you stay at the Grandview, you can easily walk to restaurants and wineries. You don’t have to worry about driving into town, so it’s super convenient to stay there.
The second benefit is the fact that the Grandview on the Lake has a pool with a slide. Lake Chelan can be a pretty cold lake, so many people prefer to swim in the pool. The website states that the pool is heated, although I will say that I personally found the pool to be pretty chilly! If you don’t want to get too cold, there’s also an outdoor hot tub.
Right next to the pool area is a bar that serves drinks and food. We really appreciated having a food option on-site, because we could spend a lazy day at the pool and not have to worry about drying off and walking into town for lunch.
The Grandview on the Lake also has a sundeck and floating docks. We had a lot of fun jumping into the lake and swimming to the docks.
The other thing that we really like about the Grandview on the Lake is that there’s a variety of accommodations to choose from. The Grandview on the Lake offers suites, one-bedroom condos, two-bedroom condos, and even a three-bedroom unit. We prefer to stay in the suites that have kitchens.
|See our article about our favorite wineries in Chelan!
Cons of Staying at the Grandview on the Lake
One of the major drawbacks to staying at the Grandview on the Lake is the fact that it doesn’t have a beach. Although it’s on the water, you’ll have to jump from the docks to swim in the lake. If you have a younger child that would rather play in shallow water, there’s no beach. (If you are looking for a property with a beach, you can check out the nearby Campbell’s Resort.)
Another drawback is that if you’re planning to visit during the summer months, you’ll probably need to book your reservations far in advance. They fill up fast!
Finally, staying at the Grandview on the Lake can be quite expensive. As one of the best hotels in Chelan, there’s a lot of demand for this property.
Other Places to Stay in Chelan
- Campbell’s Resort: The resort has its own private beach, two heated pools, and dining on-site. It’s within walking distance to all of the major downtown attractions, so it’s a very convenient place to stay as well.
- Siren Songs Wines: Chelan is known for its wineries, and you can even stay in one.
- WorldMark Chelan Lake House: The Lake House is located within walking distance of the lake, and nearby many of Chelan’s attractions. We especially love spending time at Don Morse Memorial Park.
- Lakeside Lodge and Suites: When you stay here, you’re just a 2-minute walk from Lakeside Park.
- Vacation Home: There are a variety of vacation homes available right on the lake. We especially enjoyed our stay at the Waterfront Wonderland.
What to Pack for a Trip to Chelan
When visiting Chelan, we recommend that you bring the following:
- Flotation Lounger: The water is very cold, and it’s really nice to just sit and float for awhile!
- Group Flotation Island: If you’re going with a group, you’ll definitely be glad you packed this one!
- Beach Towels: Be sure to pack a few!
- Sunscreen: During the summer it can get very hot, be sure to protect yourself.
- Beach Toys: If you’re bringing children on your trip, this will keep them busy! We bought our daughter this set and she loved playing with it all weekend long!
- Sun Glasses: Don’t forget sun glasses, you will need them! Bring a second pair just in case.
- Waterproof Pouch: If you plan on doing any water activities, protect your electronic devices.
Summary: Review of the Grandview on the Lake
|Location on the lake
|Doesn’t have a sandy beach
|Many rooms have lake views
|Make reservations far in advance
|Steps away from downtown Chelan
|Swimming pool, water slide, and hot tub
|Food and drinks for sale by the pool
|Sun deck and floating docks
|Variety of different types of room sizes
We really enjoyed our visit at the Grandview on the Lake. During our last trip, we booked a 2-bedroom condo and also a studio room so that we had plenty of room for our whole family. We loved staying close to Chelan, and we spent most of our afternoons at the lake and pool. I hope this article was helpful to you in planning your own trip to Chelan.
Disclaimer: We always strive for content accuracy. Since the time of publishing, travel-related information regarding pricing, schedules, and hours may have changed. Please look up such information directly from each vendor or institution for the most current information.