Last Updated on October 4, 2022 by admin
Lake Chelan is one of Washington State’s most popular vacation destinations. The pristine lake is surrounded by numerous wineries, restaurants, and water activities. The Grandview on the Lake is a hotel that is conveniently located within steps of downtown Chelan. It’s also located right on the lake itself. We have personally stayed there on two occasions. In this post, we are sharing our full review of the Grandview on the Lake.
|Join our monthly newsletter (linked here) and never miss a post!|
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com. These sales help to run this blog without any additional cost to you. See our policy page for details.
About Lake Chelan
Lake Chelan is the third deepest lake in the United States, and it’s the 26th deepest lake in the world. It’s maximum depth is 1,486 feet. It’s also a massive lake. It’s over 50 miles long! That means that there is plenty of shoreline for outdoor recreation and some pretty amazing vacation rental properties.
The Lake Chelan region is especially known for its agriculture, particularly its apple orchards and vineyards! There are 14 different types of apples in the region. (You can read more about the varieties here.) And, there are over 30 different wineries you can visit!
When I was a kid, we used to spend 2 weeks in Chelan every summer. I’ve been there more times than I count!
|Be sure to read our post 32 things to do in Chelan!|
About the Grandview on the Lake
Address: 322 W Woodin Ave, Chelan, WA 98816
Phone: (509) 888-6910
Booking Information: You can book an individual unit here with Booking.com, or you can have more options when booking through the website. I also often see listings on AirBnb.
Our Stay at the Grandview on the Lake
The Grandview on the Lake is one of the most popular hotels in Chelan. We have stayed in a variety of hotels, campgrounds, and vacation rentals over the years at Lake Chelan. Below, we are going to break down our review of the Grandview into two sections: Benefits and Drawbacks of staying at this location.
Please note that our review is based on our two stays during the summer months. Some amenities (like the outdoor pool) are open seasonally.
|Traveling with kids? See our article 14 things to do in Chelan with kids!|
There’s so much I love about staying at the Grandview on the Lake.
The first, and perhaps most obvious benefit of staying here, is it’s location. The Grandview on the Lake is located directly on the lake. Many of its rooms have uplake views. (But be sure to check, because not all do!) During our last visit, our room had a balcony looking out directly to the lake. We savored each and every sunset during the trip.
|Looking for the best restaurants in Chelan? See our favorites here!|
The Grandview is also just steps away from downtown Chelan and the Riverwalk Park. When you stay at the Grandview, you can easily walk to restaurants and wineries. You don’t have to worry about driving into town, so it’s super convenient to stay there.
The second benefit is the fact that the Grandview on the Lake has a pool with a slide. Lake Chelan can be a pretty cold lake, so some people may prefer to swim in the pool. The website states that the pool is heated, although I will say that I personally found the pool to be pretty chilly! If you don’t want to get too cold, there’s also an outdoor hot tub.
Right next to the pool area is a bar that serves drinks and food. We really appreciated having a food option on-site, because we could spend a lazy day at the pool and not have to worry about drying off and walking into town for lunch.
The Grandview on the Lake also has a sundeck and floating docks. We had a lot of fun jumping into the lake and swimming to the docks.
The other thing that we really like about this property is that there are a lot of options for accommodation sizes. The Grandview offers suites, one-bedroom condos, two-bedroom condos, and even a three-bedroom unit. We prefer to stay in the suites that have kitchens.
|Chelan is known for its wineries and wine tastings. Read all about our favorite wineries here!|
One of the major drawbacks to staying at the Grandview on the Lake is the fact that it doesn’t have a beach. Although it’s on the water, you’ll have to jump from the docks to swim in the lake. If you have a younger child that would rather play in shallow water, there’s no beach. (If you are looking for a property with a beach, you can check out the nearby Campbell’s Resort!)
Another drawback is that if you’re planning to visit during the summer months, you’ll probably need to book your reservations far in advance. They fill up fast!
Other Places to Stay in Chelan
- Campbell’s Resort: The resort has its own private beach, two heated pools, and dining on-site. It’s within walking distance to all of the major downtown attractions, so it’s a very convenient place to stay as well.
- Siren Songs Wines: Chelan is known for its wineries, and you can even stay in one.
- WorldMark Chelan Lake House: The Lake House is located within walking distance of the lake, and nearby many of Chelan’s attractions. We especially love spending time at Don Morse Memorial Park.
- Lakeside Lodge and Suites: When you stay here, you’re just a 2-minute walk from Lakeside Park.
- Vacation Home: There are a variety of vacation homes available right on the lake. We especially enjoyed our stay at the Waterfront Wonderland.
For a full list on lodging options in Chelan, click here.
What to Bring on a Trip to Chelan
When visiting Chelan, we recommend that you bring the following:
- Flotation Lounger: The water is very cold, and it’s really nice to just sit and float for awhile!
- Group Flotation Island: If you’re going with a group, you’ll definitely be glad you packed this one!
- Beach Towels: Be sure to pack a few!
- Sunscreen: During the summer it can get very hot, be sure to protect yourself.
- Beach Toys: If you’re bringing children on your trip, this will keep them busy! We bought our daughter this set and she loved playing with it all weekend long!
- Sun Glasses: Don’t forget sun glasses, you will need them! Bring a second pair just in case.
- Waterproof Pouch: If you plan on doing any water activities, protect your electronic devices.
(Click on any of the above images for current pricing and shipping information.)
Summary: Our Stay at the Grandview on the Lake
We really enjoyed our visit at the Grandview on the Lake. During our last trip, we booked a 2-bedroom condo and a studio room so that we had plenty of room for our whole family. We loved staying close to town, and we spent most of our afternoons at the lake and pool. I hope this article was helpful to you in planning your own trip to Chelan!
|If this article was helpful to you, please consider sharing it on your social media accounts to further help support our blog. Also, don’t forget to join our newsletter. Thank you!|
If you enjoyed this post, you might be interested in the following posts:
- 18 Best Restaurants in Chelan
- The Best Wineries in Chelan
- Gorgeous Vacation Home in Lake Chelan
- 14 Things to Do in Chelan with Kids
- How to Throw an Amazing Bachelorette Party in Chelan
- How to Plan a Babymoon in Chelan
- 12 Things to Do in the Remote Town of Stehekin
- 38 Things to Do in Leavenworth
- Full Review of the Posthotel
- 13 Best Restaurants in Leavenworth
- 10 Beautiful Hikes Near Leavenworth
Disclaimer: We always strive for content accuracy. Since the time of publishing, travel-related information regarding pricing, schedules, and hours may have changed. Please see individual websites embedded in this post for the most current trip-planning information.
Follow us on Instagram to see our current stories!
- 31 Things to Do in Jerez de la Frontera: Sherry, Flamenco, Andalusian Horses, and More!
- Vejer de la Frontera (Full Travel Guide!)
- 17 Reasons You Need to Visit Ronda, Spain
- Vilassar de Mar: A Perfect Day Trip from Barcelona!
- Best Beaches in Edmonds (Full Guide!)
- Our Review of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Disneyland