Last Updated on May 25, 2023 by admin
If you have a little prince or princess in your family, you should definitely try to get reservations at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique when you visit Disneyland. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a salon in Fantasyland that will give your little one a magical transformation. We recently visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and the experience exceeded our expectations. Every moment of the experience was truly magical! In this post, we’re sharing our full review of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disneyland Resort in California.
To see all our posts about California, click here!
|Join our newsletter and never miss a post!|
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com. These sales help to run this blog without any additional cost to you. See our policy page for details.
About the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
The name of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is in reference to Cinderella’s Godmother. In the Disney film, the Fairy Godmother transforms Cinderella so she’ll be ready for the royal ball. All it takes is a wave of her wand and the words Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.
Similar to the movie, your child can also experience a magical transformation. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers several different packages, so you can choose the perfect experience for your own prince or princess. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is available for children between the ages of 3 and 12 years old.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is located in Fantasyland right next to Sleeping Beauty’s castle. Once you enter the castle, just head to the left and you can’t miss it.
Tip: When you purchase Disneyland tickets through Undercover Tourist, an authorized ticket seller, you can save money on your park tickets! For example, you can save money on 4-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets!
Make Reservations in Advance
As soon as you purchase your Disneyland tickets, look to see if you can get a reservation for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The reservations sell out fast, so you’ll want to make a reservation as soon as possible.
During our last trip to Disneyland, we looked for reservations, but there were none available. However, don’t give up! We checked again a couple days before our trip, and several reservation slots opened up. (It’s not uncommon for people to cancel their reservation, so be on the lookout!) If you can’t find a reservation right away, keep checking periodically. You might end up like us and score a reservation after all
TIP: If you’re looking for flights to Disneyland, I recommend checking the SkyScanner website to search for the best airfare prices for your dates of travel. The closest airport to Disneyland is John Wayne Airport (SNA).
If you’ll be in the Los Angeles area, you should also check out the Go City pass. (Image linked below for more info!) You can bundle your experiences to save money.
The Castle Package
After we made our reservation, we were asked to arrive 5 minutes prior to our appointment time. We checked in at the desk, and at that time we we were asked to choose our package. We chose the Castle Package, which included: hair styling, a Disney princess gown, make up, a sash, a pink drawstring bag, face gems, nail polish, princess tiara, smaller tiara for a bun, a wand, and professional photos. At the time of our visit, we paid $199.95 plus tax.
Our Experience at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
After we chose the Castle Package, we were then asked to choose the princess dress. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique had lots of dresses to choose from! For example, some of the dresses included Anna and Elsa (multiple dresses that each of the characters wore in the films), Rapunzel, Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, and more. Our daughter chose the Rapunzel’s dress from Tangled.
After choosing the dress, we were then asked to choose a tiara and wand. We were shown a set that matched the dress, and we were also invited to choose a different set from another character if we preferred.
Finally, she was asked to choose a hairstyle. We were shown a laminated card that contained at least a half dozen different hairstyles. Our daughter chose a bun with curly hair. (Some of the options also included a flower crown or pink hair extensions.)
Once all of that was decided, we were asked to wait in the little courtyard outside until it was our turn. Our daughter changed her mind a few times about what dress she wanted to wear, and the cast members were very patient as she finally settled to her original dress: Rapunzel.
The Dressing Room
When our daughter’s name was called, we were introduced to the “Fairy Godmother-in-Training” (stylist) that would assist us. My husband, daughter, and I were brought back to the salon and taken to our dressing room. The dressing room had a thick curtain door, and the Fairy Godmother-in-Training asked our young daughter to say the magic words (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!) and wave her wand to open the door. Our daughter was thrilled that the magic “worked” when the door opened. Inside the dressing room, her dress and accessories were beautifully laid out on the bench.
It turned out that the dress was a bit tight, and our Fairy Godmother-in-Training was very accommodating as she brought us the next size up.
When our daughter was all dressed, it was time to get pampered!
The Salon Experience
We were then led to the main area of the salon and our daughter sat up on a big, comfortable salon chair (aka “throne”). My husband and I were invited to sit across from her on a small bench.
Our Fairy Godmother-in-Training set to work fixing up our daughter’s hair. She used a fair amount of hair gel and pixie dust to perfectly style her hair back in a princess bun.
While she was having her hair styled, a second Fairy Godmother-in-Training set to work on her make-up. At first I was a little worried about my 3-year old wearing make-up, but I have to say, they did a really nice job. The style was very subtle and included a little bit of eye shadow shimmer, blush, and tinted lip.
After that, she even got her fingernails painted with a sparkly silver shade.
We were then given a special Bibbid Bobbidi Boutique drawstring bag that included the makeup palette, the nail polish, care instructions, and her accessories.
The Big Reveal
When they were all done, they whirled our daughter around to have a “first look” in the mirror. Little did we know that the mirror was magical! As soon as the curtains parted, the mirror lit up with sparkles. It was very sweet to watch our daughter see herself as the princess that she is!
After our daughter was all finished, we thought that was the end of the experience. But we were wrong! We were then taken to a special area that was staged for professional photography.
The background included Cinderella’s carriage, a horse, and lots of forest friends. We waited our turn and then our daughter was allowed to sit in the carriage and pose for photos. The photographers printed a special keepsake photo for us, and the rest of the digital images were sent to our account.
Our YouTube Video About the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience exceeded our expectations! We knew that the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique would be a bit pricey, but in our opinion, there was so much value in the experience. In addition to the styling experience itself, here’s what we got to take home:
- Princess dress
- Small tiara for bun
- Large tiara
- Hair piece
- Face gems
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique drawstring bag
- Make-up palette
- Nail polish
- Professional keepsake photo
But the experience itself was truly priceless. For the rest of the day, cast members at the parks specifically greeted us with, “Hello Princess!” and “Your Royal Highness”. One cast member even ran up and asked for an autograph! It was very sweet.
Tips for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Here’s our tips for making the most of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience:
- Make Reservations as soon as you can, and up to 60 days prior to your visit date. Because this is a popular experience, you’ll want to make sure that you can get your spot reserved.
- Keep checking for openings if you can’t find an initial reservation. We were lucky and picked up a canceled appointment a few days before our actual visit date.
- If you can, schedule your reservation for the morning. That way, your little one can walk around the park for the rest of the day all dressed up!
- Remember that both boys and girls are welcome to experience the magic! There’s a knight option if your kiddo would rather not dress up as a princess. We also saw a Peter Pan outfit.
- Arrive with clean nails, because many of the packages include nail polish.
- If you’re looking to save money, you can reserve one of the basic packages that doesn’t include a dress, and just plan to wear a dress that you already have from home.
- After you visit Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, it’s a great idea to wait in line for meet-the-character experiences. That way, you can visit the characters all dressed up!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Bag?
Our Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique included the nail polish that was used, a makeup palette that was used, a sash, and care instructions for the hair. We also used it to carry our tiara and wand.
What if Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is sold out?
If the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is sold out, keep checking the days prior to your visit to see if there are any cancellations. You can also inquire about any walk-in availability on the day of your visit.
Is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique worth it?
We definitely thought the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was worth the money. The experience itself was very well-done, with lots of attention to the magical details. We also got to take out numerous items home with us, including the dress, tiara, and wand.
Do you get to keep the dress from the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
When you purchase a package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique that includes a dress, you get to keep it.
What is the cost of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience?
Prices for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience will depend on which package you select. The basic packages start around $100 and can go as high as $450 per child.
Where is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Disneyland?
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is located right behind the castle and to the left in Fantasyland. As soon as you cross through the castle, you’ll see the boutique on your lefthand side as you enter Fantasyland.
Do you tip at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
Tips are not required at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but cash tips can be accepted. We tipped our Fairy Godmother-in-Training $20 in cash.
What are the hairstyles at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
Your Fairy Godmother-in-Training will give you a sheet of potential hairstyles to choose. We were able to choose from a classic bun (with a matching bow or tiara), a colored ponytail extension, a flower halo, or a bun with a curly hairpiece.
What can I do if I can’t get a reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
If you are not able to get a reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, you can still bring your own princess dress for your child. On both days that we were at Disneyland, there was a cast member standing outside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offering free “pixie dust” for anyone that wanted it. The cast member waved a wand over our daughter’s head and “pixie dust” (glitter) sprinkled out.
What to Pack for a Day at Disneyland
We recommend that you bring the following things while you’re at Disneyland in California:
- Backpack: Use a backpack to store your water, snacks, and extra clothing layers.
- Cell phone charger: Pack a fully-charged cell-phone battery pack. You’ll need to use your phone to access the app, Genie+, and take photos. Make sure you don’t run out of battery while you’re at the park.
- Water bottle: Bring your own water bottle and fill it up throughout the day.
- Ponchos: Make sure you’re prepared if rain comes your way.
- Hand sanitizer: Thousands of people touch the rides every day, so it’s a good idea to sanitize your hands often.
- Disney clothes: Many people dress up in Disney-themed clothes while at the parks. Be sure to pack a few things to wear, and save room for souvenirs as well!
(Click on any of the above images for current pricing and shipping information.)
Best Hotels Near Disneyland in California
If you want to stay on Disneyland Resort property, you have three choices:
- Disneyland Hotel: This modern hotel is located near Downtown Disney. I stayed at this hotel when I was younger, and I have very fond memories of my experience there!
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel: This seaside-themed hotel has a rooftop pool and a direct entrance to Disney California Adventure Park.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: This rustic hotel has a direct entrance to Disney California Adventure Park and is located super-close to Disneyland.
An advantage to staying at the Disney hotels is that you have access to the extra magic hours. You’re also only steps away from the parks! If you’re not able to stay at a Disney hotel, it’s definitely worth it to make dining reservations at one if you can! During our last trip to Disneyland, we made dinner reservations for Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel and it was so much fun!
If you’re not able to stay at a Disney hotel, there’s plenty of other hotels in Anaheim. Disney has identified some nearby hotels as Good Neighbor hotels, which means they are Disney-approved. Here’s a few to consider:
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Mini Suites: We stayed here during our last trip to Disneyland. The hotel is located right across the street from Disneyland, so we had an easy walk to the park each morning. In the past we had stayed at hotels that required a shuttle, and this time we knew we wanted to stay at one within walking distance. We also liked that breakfast was included!
- Tropicana Inn & Suites: Located right next to the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn is the Tropicana. This hotel is also just steps away from the entrance to Disneyland.
- Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn: This is another Best Western hotel that is located near the entrance to Disneyland.
Summary: Our Review of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
We couldn’t wait for our daughter to turn 3 years old so that we could take her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The whole experience was much more detailed than I had imagined, and I really felt that it was a good value. If you have a little one that would like to dress-up for a day at Disneyland, we highly recommend making reservations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
|If this article was helpful to you, please consider sharing it on your social media accounts to further help support our blog. Also, don’t forget to join our newsletter. Thank you!|
You might be interested in the following posts:
Disneyland in California
Walt Disney World
- Our Full Review of Disneyland Paris
- Full Guide to the Rides at Disneyland Paris
- The Best Hotels Near Disneyland Paris
- See What’s Inside the Disneyland Paris Castle
- Remy of Ratatouille: Our Full Review of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Bistrot Chez Remy
Disclaimer: We always strive for content accuracy. Since the time of publishing, travel-related information regarding pricing, schedules, and hours may have changed. Please look up such information directly from each vendor or institution for the most current information.